Civic Outdoor complies with the Australian state and commonwealth privacy laws including the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles (collectively, “Privacy Laws”).
Civic Outdoor is committed to the privacy of its Visitors and potential Visitors (collectively, “Visitors”) and to operate at all times in a confidential and safe manner.
INFORMATION CIVIC OUTDOOR COLLECTS AND HOLDS
Personal information is defined by the Privacy Laws as “information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable: (a) whether the information or opinion is true or not; and (b) whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.”
From time to time, Civic Outdoor may collect certain of a Visitor’s personal information. Civic Outdoor only collects that personal information that is reasonably necessary for or related to Civic Outdoor’s business or to facilitate the use of the Website by Visitors.
Generally, the only personal information Civic Outdoor collects about a Visitor is that information which a Visitor choose to disclose to Civic Outdoor or which a Visitor authorises Civic Outdoor to obtain.
Access to certain areas of website may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information. The type of information Civic Outdoor collect may include a Visitor’s:
- personal name
- residential/work address
- email addresses
- telephone number
- physical location
Sensitive information is a special category of the most sensitive personal information including racial or ethnic origin, political opinion, police record, health and disability information etc.
Civic Outdoor does not collect sensitive information.
How Civic Outdoor collects and holds personal information
Where possible, Civic Outdoor will collect a Visitor’s personal information directly from a Visitor, but information may also be collected via:
- IP loggers
- wi-fi routers
- GPS devices
Personal and sensitive information may be collected from a Visitor when a Visitor provides it to Civic Outdoor directly.
Civic Outdoor has established appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard any information Civic Outdoor collects. This helps prevent unauthorised access, maintains data accuracy and ensures that the information is used correctly.
All data transferred to and from Civic Outdoor’s servers is encrypted and a firewall is in place to prevent intrusion. All data stored within Civic Outdoor’s systems is designed to only be able to be accessed by Civic Outdoor’s officers, employees, contractors and the relevant hosting facility.
The purposes for which Civic Outdoor collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information.
Civic Outdoor collects personal information that Civic Outdoor considers relevant for the purpose of providing the Website. Civic Outdoor will not use or disclose personal information collected about an individual for the purposes of direct marketing unless the individual has given Civic Outdoor consent to do so. Civic Outdoor will not disclose any personal information to any third-party overseas recipients unless the individual has given Civic Outdoor consent to do so.
How Civic Outdoor may use personal information
Some of the ways Civic Outdoor uses personal information includes to:
- communicate with a Visitor and others as part of Civic Outdoor’s business
- enable Civic Outdoor to provide a service
- personalise a Visitor’s website experience
- send a Visitor information regarding changes to Civic Outdoor’s policies, other terms and conditions, on-line services and other administrative issues
- manage accounts and perform other administrative and operational tasks (including risk management, systems development and testing, credit scoring and staff training, collecting debts and market or Visitor satisfaction research)
- prevent, detect and investigate crime, including fraud and money laundering, and analyse and manage other commercial risks
- verify information given to Civic Outdoor
- carry out market research and analysis, including satisfaction surveys
- provide marketing information to a Visitor (including information about other products and services offered by selected third party partners) in preferences a Visitor have expressed
- manage Civic Outdoor’s infrastructure and business operations and comply with internal policies and procedures, including those relating to auditing accounting billing and collections IT systems data and website hosting business continuity and records, document and print management
- resolve complaints and handle requests for data access or correction
- comply with applicable laws and regulatory obligations (including laws outside a Visitor’s country of residence), such as those relating to anti-money laundering, sanctions and anti-terrorism
- comply with legal process and respond to requests from public and governmental authorities (in outside a Visitor’s country of residence)
- establish and defend legal rights protect Civic Outdoor’s operations or those of any of Civic Outdoor’s group companies or insurance business partners, Civic Outdoor’s rights or property and/or that of Civic Outdoor’s group companies, a Visitor or others and pursue available remedies or limit Civic Outdoor’s damages
To whom does Civic Outdoor disclose a Visitor’s personal information?
Civic Outdoor may disclose a Visitor’s personal information to:
- government authorities (where required by law including workers compensation laws)
- third parties involved in court action (where required by law)
- other parties that provide support services to Civic Outdoor including support services, merchant services, online marketing programs for the purposes of marketing Civic Outdoor products only
- professional advisers
- potential business partners or purchasers
What happens if a Visitor doesn’t provide personal or sensitive information?
If a Visitor does not provide some or all of the information requested, Civic Outdoor may not be able to provide the services to such Visitor.
Using a pseudonym or engaging with Civic Outdoor anonymously
Where practicable, a Visitor will be given the opportunity to engage with Civic Outdoor on an anonymous basis or using a pseudonym.
Credit card details
Civic Outdoor does not collect or store credit card numbers.
Website cookies and usage information
When a Visitor access Civic Outdoor’s website, Civic Outdoor may use software embedded in Civic Outdoor’s website and Civic Outdoor may place small data files (or cookies) on a Visitor’s computer or other device to collect information about which pages a Visitor’s view, how a Visitor reach those pages, what a Visitor does when a Visitor visits a page, the length of time a Visitor remains on the page and how Civic Outdoor performs in providing content to a Visitor. A cookie does not identify individuals personally, but it does identify computers.
A Visitor can set a Visitor’s browser to notify a Visitor when a Visitor receive a cookie and this will provide a Visitor with an opportunity to either accept or reject it in each instance. Civic Outdoor may gather a Visitor’s IP address as part of Civic Outdoor’s business activities and to assist with any operational difficulties or support issues. This information does not identify a Visitor personally.
The Civic Outdoor website may contain links to other websites. When a Visitor accesses these links, Civic Outdoor recommends that a Visitor read the website owner’s privacy statement before disclosing a Visitor’s personal information. Civic Outdoor does not accept responsibility for inappropriate use, collection, storage or disclosure of a Visitor’s personal information collected outside Civic Outdoor’s website.
Opting out of direct marketing communications
Where Civic Outdoor uses a Visitor’s personal information to send a Visitor marketing and promotional information by post, email or telephone, Civic Outdoor will provide a Visitor with an opportunity to opt-out of receiving such information. By electing not to opt-out, Civic Outdoor will assume Civic Outdoor has a Visitor’s implied consent to receive similar information and communications in the future. Civic Outdoor will ensure that Civic Outdoor’s opt-out notices are clear, conspicuous and easy to activate. If a Visitor wish to opt out of communications from Civic Outdoor, please use the contact details below.
Cross-border disclosures of a Visitor’s personal information
Civic Outdoor does currently use off-shore service providers with regard to storage of personal information data including email services, support service and telephonic services. Civic Outdoor reserves the right to use data hosting facilities and third-party service providers both in Australia and overseas to assist Civic Outdoor’s operations.
Right to opt out of personal information use
Civic Outdoor will comply with any request from a Visitor to process or cease using their personal information data as soon as practicable.
Unless a Visitor specifically opts-out of use of personal information for marketing purposes, Civic Outdoor will assume Civic Outdoor has a Visitor’s implied consent to receive similar information and communications in the future.
Right to rectification
Civic Outdoor has obligations to take reasonable steps to correct personal information held by Civic Outdoor if Civic Outdoor is satisfied that it is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading for the purpose for which it is held.
Civic Outdoor will comply with any request from a Visitor to update and/or correct their personal information data within 28 days.
Civic Outdoor may take reasonable steps to verify a Visitor’s identity before making any such changes.
In cases where the information was provided by a third party, Civic Outdoor may not be able to correct information and a Visitor may have to contact the third-party that gave information to Civic Outdoor.
How to contact Civic Outdoor regarding privacy
The Privacy Officer
CIVIC OUTDOOR PTY LTD
281 Canterbury Road, Canterbury VIC 3126
Civic Outdoor will take all complaints regarding privacy of information seriously. Civic Outdoor will respond to any requests, questions, or complaints as soon as possible in a reasonable time frame.